studera.nu admission results in days. Are you ready?

Friday 8 February 2008

Some thoughts on studera.nu

Well it isn't the best system in the world. The site only works in IE and Firefox, Opera won't let me login. Then there is their suppoort. There is a lot of copy and paste as well as some wrong info.

Dear Kirill,

You can't apply for basic level education in february. The application round will open in the middle of march and the last application date is in the middle of april.

Always write your civic registration number/date of birth and application number in the mail back so we can help you.

Kind Regards,
Frida Eriksson


Well thanks for that!

Well just incase you are confused the deadline was the first of Feb!

The amount of info on studera.nu in English is very very limited, the majority of info that I found was on the websites of universities that I applied to. I would then have to piece all that into something meaningful.

I think there could be one easy solution, just make people pay money for the service. 10 euros a go is not a lot, but will go towards paying for better support and a quality website. I think this is definately something they should do next year.

2 comments:

E said...

One problem I've had is being able to register for programs that have an April 15 deadline for EU citizens but a February 1 deadline for those outside the EU. Studera.nu shows a "closed for late applications" message and the ability to "add" a course/program is removed. I guess their system erroneously shows me as a non-EU student.

I think having multiple application periods complicates the process too much, especially when they don't do a good job of clarifying the different dates. As far as I can tell, there are as many as three different application periods depending on the applicants status and whether or not the university accepts late applications (some do).

Kirill said...

One thing for sure they need to optimize/rethink the whole system.
But since EU citizens do not need a visa to enter Sweden, I don't think you sould be worried just yet. For you it's just the matter of them saying yes and you are in and off you go.